|Start date(s)||You can start at any time.|
|Course length||As this course is competency based, the length depends on your commitment and motivation.|
|Study mode||Blended learning (combination of face to face and online learning).|
|Pricing||Please check the latest prices.|
|Contact||Freecall 1800 886 269.|
Successful completion of this course can be used to maintain your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) status with the Australian Glass and Glazing Association (AGGA) – the image shows how many CPD points have been approved for this program.
Glass Skills Australia, partnering with Lean Skills Australasia, has developed productivity improvement related qualifications specifically for the glass processing sector. These include MSS30312 Certificate III in Competitive Systems and Practices (targeted at operational staff) and MSS40312 Certificate IV in Competitive Systems and Practices (targeted at supervisors and team leaders).
Like any other industry, Glass Processing faces enormous pressures and challenges. Costs have been growing at about twice the inflation rate. Lean initiatives in a glass and processing environment typically result in reduced costs for improved levels of service, freeing up capacity to allow for future growth whilst avoiding a capital cost and overtime.
Typical results include 20-300% increase in throughput, reduction in space requirements, reduced errors and rework, more efficient processes, improved staff morale.
Our programs have been specifically designed for the glass sector and can include machine specific improvement programs for glass toughening, laminating, polishing, inventory management and other processes.
These programs may attract training incentives per person.
- Interpret product costs in terms of customer requirements
- Map an operational process
- Facilitate a Just in Time system
- Facilitate and improve implementation of 5S
- Support proactive manufacturing
- Use structured problem solving tools
- Mistake proof an operational process
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Facilitate breakthrough improvements
- Implement competitive systems and practices
- Facilitate implementation of competitive systems and practices
- Facilitate change in an organisation implementing competitive systems and practices
* Unit selections may be modified to suit your industry requirements - The above are examples only.
Trade support loans and Employer incentives
Subsidies may be available for nationally recognised qualification training in Competitive Systems and Practices at Certificate III, IV and Diploma levels.
Delivered in partnership with Improve Group Learning Solutions, (RTO #31506) and other selected RTO's